SymptomsThere are no useful Unix utilities on the Windows hosts like grep, sed, awk, less, tail and others. They may be useful during problems troubleshooting to process logs, configuration files.
Useful Unix utilities were packed into one installer which may be used to install them on Windows hosts.
1. Download PST-GUI.exe file attached to the article to the necessary host
2. Run it
3. Installer will create a directory c:\PST with necessary utilities
4. Installer will associate .log files with less.exe binary
5. Installer will create link "PSTShell" on Desktop which will start shell in c:\PST
This Support Tools pack includes the following utilities in particular:
Dependency Walker 32 bit
Dependency Walker 64 bit
1. Delete the folder c:\PST on Windows host
2. Delete the file PSTShell.lnk in "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop"
3. Execute command "assoc .log=txtfile"
The way to install "Support Tools" with help of POA:
A. Import Package to POA
1. Download attached file other-Win32-SupportTools-1.0.pdl.asc on your desktop
2. Login to POA Provider Control Panel
3. Go to Top > Deployment Director > Applications Manager > Packages Repository
4. Press button Add New Package
5. Select the file other-Win32-SupportTools-1.0.pdl.asc and press button Submit
6. Login to MPS (Microsoft Provisioning System) node and download the file PST-NOGUI.exe to c:\msishare folder
B. Installation of the Package to POA-managed Shared Hosting Servers
1. Login to POA Provider Control Panel
2. Go to Top > Deployment Director > Server Manager > Hardware Nodes > select host > Packages
3. Press the button Install Package
4. Press the icon near package named SupportTools
5. Click the icon
6. Type \\<MPS Server name>\msishare\PST-NOGUI.exe (like "\\POAMPS01\msishare\PST-NOGUI.exe" ) as value for the option SupportToolsLocationPath
7. Press button Submit
8. Press button Finish