Synopsis: The new Parallels Server Bare Metal 5.0 update provides stability and usability fixes.
Issue date: 2014-05-05
Product: Parallels Server Bare Metal 5.0
Keywords: 'stability' 'usability'
1. What's Included in This Update
The new packages for Parallels Server Bare Metal 5.0 provide fixes for virtual machine and Container management tools.
2. Bug Fixes
- Use of routed networking in CentOS virtual machines could result in their ARP table overflow (#PSBM-21739).
- Dispatcher collecting statistics for all registered virtual machines could cause performance degradation (#PSBM-22267).
- In Linux Containers, ending dots were not removed from hostnames, resulting in error messages (#PSBM-22996).
- Dispatcher could hang after a virtual machine had been stopped (#PSBM-23053).
- Non-zero traffic statistics could be reported for newly created Containers (#PSBM-24676, #PSBM-24793).
- Renaming a virtual machine's HDD image could prevent further incremental backups of that virtual machine (#PSBM-25082).
- A number of other bugs (#PSBM-18389, #PSBM-20900, #PSBM-20901, #PSBM-22278, #PSBM-22510, #PSBM-23838, #PSBM-24396, #PSBM-24878, #PSBM-25213, #PSBM-25972, #PSBM-26328).
All Parallels Server Bare Metal 5.0 users are advised to update their tools packages.
3. Obtaining the Update
You can download and install the update using the vzup2date utility included in the Parallels Server Bare Metal 5.0 distribution.
Copyright (c) 1999-2014 Parallels Holdings, Ltd. and its affiliates. All rights reserved.